März 08, 2006

News about my host family!

Wow, wow, wow! It looks as if my life were suddenly going back to normal - or no, not normal, but finally BETTER in every respect!

Here's the news of the day: First of all, I'm a free person!!! Today was my last day in the office and believe it or not, I was almost sad when I had to say goodbye to some of the people who had been really nice to me... but I'm soo happy to have a few days of complete freedom now!

Plus: I received some more information from the language organisation today and it sounds great: My "host sister" is my age (born in 1986) and my "host brother" (yes! :)) is 22 years old, they live alone with their mother and their house is only about 15 minutes away from my school! Sounds like - to use the swissgerman word for once - absoluts Schoggi-Läbe! (for the english speaking readers: this means that life is going to be easy, a lot of fun, just perfect...)
I just wrote an e-mail to my host mother with many more questions and of course I'll keep you updated about everything I get to know!

Completely different question: Who of you knows the internet telephone system Skype??? Sounds perfect for long talks while I'm away, doesn't it? I'm trying to find out if there's a possibility for me to use it over there (which is not guaranteed since I don't have my own laptop computer), either at school or at home in my host family (this is one of the questions I asked in my e-mail...). Does anyone of you already use it? This would be great!!!

I gotta go, it's getting late...