März 12, 2006

The Final Countdown

Another 6 days at home... Today was the last sunday I could spend at home, with my mum, with everything I'm used to around me... one week from now, I'll be in Cambridge! It really is the final countdown now...

I haven't heard anything more from my host family (I wrote another e-mail to my hostmother but without any clear questions, so maybe she doesn't write back at all) and I'm really getting nervous about it all, it's coming so soon! At the same time, I have to tell myself how many other people have done the same thing and really enjoyed themselves - I just spoke to my friend who's been in Ireland for almost 3 months now (love you, my little sister!! :)) and she told me not to worry about it, that you get used to being there - but that it is clear, that there are certain things that you miss as soon as you're away from home. I'm just not a person who likes being confronted with new situations! It's okay, as long as I can plan everything and know what awaits me there, but as soon as there are any open questions I feel uncomfortable... I know this is something that I should really work at because it keeps me away from making new experiences but it's easy to say! I just hope that I will be able to not be as shy as usual and make some new friends from the beginning on!


Little update about my driving: I spent two hours on the road with my mum today, we drove to Regensdorf, where I'm going to have my test, too, and it went quite well - maybe my chances of getting my license next week aren't that bad after all? We'll see - but that's another thing that makes me nervous...

1 Comments:

Blogger christinelovestotravel said...

good luck! It sounds very exciting!

05:30  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home