Juni 10, 2008

Update :)

Once again, time is flying - my fourth semester at university is over, can you believe it? Indeed this one seems to have passed even faster than the ones before. Still, it's not yet over entirely, I still have to hand in three papers, one in Spanish tomorrow and two in English till the end of June.
But the main stress is over, I've survived all the exams and have already been able to enjoy one week without lectures and homework - bliss! :) I haven't received all the results yet, but so far everything's gone pretty well. The tutorials are also over and I have to think about continuing next semester or not - on the one hand, it is a great experience and is the best thing I can do to prepare for my future life as a teacher, but on the other, it also means a lot of additional work throughout the semester and I don't know if I can afford that next semester.
After all, I have other big plans which require a bit of an extra effort: I am applying for an exchange year to Spain, and if everything goes well, I'll leave Switzerland in August 2009 in order to spend two semesters at the university of Madrid. Unfortunately, Salamanca is not a partner university of Zürich, which ruled it out as an option, but the more I think about it, the more I come to like the thought of spending so much time in Spain's capital! :) Of course I will let you know, as soon as I know any more details.... So far all I know is that the two upcoming semesters will be rather tough because I'll have to get as much as possible done at home in order to be able to participate in all the seminars in Madrid. I'll be doing the "Reading List" in English next semester, so prepare yourself for lenghty descriptions of novels and quotes from poems.. ;)

Apart from that, not much is happening: Switzerland is hosting this years European Soccer Championship (together with Austria) and Zürich is currently a madhouse - although our national team has lost their opening game and are now under a lot of pressure to win the second match: tomorrow night against Turkey!!! It's gonna be rather difficult, as our topscorer was injured against the Czechs (probably every Swiss person was crying when he left the field with tears in his eyes...), but we'll see!