März 01, 2008

Tutorials

Big news: I've got a job - and even greater: I can work for our university!!! One of our professors contacted me and five others a few weeks ago and asked whether we'd be interested in taking on tutorials for first-year students and now everything's set and I'll have my first class on Monday! I am so nervous, so far I've always just had one student, giving private lessons and helping them through high school and now suddenly I have a whole bunch of them and have to help them do their writing assignements for the Cultural Studies lectures- and correct their assignments afterwards!!! But despite all the nervousness, I'm totally excited, I mean, it's a great experience and the best that could happen to me in respect to my future as a teacher - and it is a special case here, normally the tutors are only one or two semesters away from graduation, but now we're only one year ahead of our pupils, which makes it strange.. but they didn't have a choice, we're the first ones in the new system, so no one older than us knows how it goes! ;)
Well, I'll let you know how it went as soon as possible, now I have to read through the reader they have to summarize for next week...