Dezember 27, 2008

Looking back on 2008 - Part 1

Well, another year is almost over... and those who've been reading this blog up to now know that I'm kind of fond of lists... so here we go, some lists to sum up the past year of my life (not necessarily in order of importance):

Top Events
1. Juanes Concert OpenAir in Zürich
2. Soccer Championship Final Spain - Germany (and celebrating Spain as European Champion afterwards!)
3. "Shit Style Party" at a friend's house (worse than Bad Taste... imagine the rest!)
4. 80s-Party at the same friend's house
5. Anathema Concert

Top Movies
1. Keinohrhasen
2. Atonement (ok, that was 2007, but I watched it again! ;))
3. Cassandra's Dream

Top Books
1. Atonement (and I honestly only read it this year!)
2. The Eyre Affair (a book that really makes you like your studies!!!)
3. The Picture of Dorian Gray (read it for the 4th time and know why it's my favourite!)

Top Discoveries
1. Los Enanitos Verdes : Latinamerican Rock Band (came across them by chance and love their music!! if you like Maná, you'll like the Enanitos, too!)
2. Anathema: British band (don't really know what to call their style of music, but it's good! My boyfriend's favourite band, so I kinda got drawn into the whole thing...)
3. Jasper Fforde: author of "The Eyre Affair" and its sequels: books which are just a lot of fun and show that literary studies don't have to be boring ;)
4. One Tree Hill: TV show (which the American readers will know better than me I guess), which somehow reminds me of my teenage favourite "Dawson's Creek", but somehow appeals to me as a student now - aaaand, Chad Michael Murray is just adorable!!! ;)