April 11, 2006

Salsa! and other good news

Okay, here we go again... :) First of all, thanks to everyone who "supported" me over the weekend - it was so great to hear from you all and know that people understand me! :) I really think it's going to be better from now on, had some nice conversations with my host mum yesterday...

Some other good news? Well, I have quite a lot to tell you:
- first of all: Salsa yesterday was GREEEEAT! As I said, we had seen the flyers in the Club Salsa on Saturday and thought we needed to take lessons in order not to embarass ourselves on the dance floor anymore when they play salsa music! So we went to the absolute beginners class yesterday (although I was not what the teacher called a "Salsa virgin" anymore... :)) and it was really good fun! Simple, just the basics, but you have to start somewhere, right? The atmosphere in this club is just great, I love this place! The teacher was nice too (and I don't want to hear any prejudices against dancing men!) and at the end of the lesson we already felt quite confident about going to a salsa club again! :)

- did I tell you that we got tickets for the Saturday Night Fever musical?!?!?! If not, you know it now! Instead of booking a trip to London (which usually is on Wednesday evening) just for a musical and paying 38 £ for the tickets alone, we are going to see this musical here in Cambridge, just about 15 minutes away from our "homes" and for less than 20 £! Isn't that GREAT? I'm soo looking forward to it, we're going on Friday the 21st! :)

- Easter is planned! :) On Friday we are going to Oxford with a school excursion and in the evening we want to check out one of the other students' clubs, on Saturday we want to get some sleep and maybe sit in a coffee shop or something, just lazy... Sunday is another excursion to Shakespeare-town Stratford upon Avon and on Monday, we have another visit to the cinema on our programme... we hope that the movie "Take the lead" will already be out then!

- last but not least: I have signed up for a "Conversation Exchange" organised by our school and today they told me that they've found a partner for me. What it is: they match language students who want to improve their english and get some speaking exercise together with local students who want to learn (or improve) a foreign language! So now I'll have to speak Standard German with someone who studies in Cambridge and she has to speak english with me (this poor girl is going to learn a terrible German with me - imagine this swiss accent she's going to have! :))...

That's about it, it's already late and I should go...