März 24, 2006

Weekend ahead!!! :)

"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down..." So now, since today is not Monday, easy to guess: it's a rainy day... and this really got me down this morning! The first thing I realised when I woke up was for once not the cold, but the rain outside (the cold came two seconds later) and in that moment I hated being here. I don't know how to explain it, it just really struck me that I'm stuck here, sitting in this tiny little room, having no one to really talk to, having to go outside in the rain on my bike... Luckily this bad mood passed as soon as I met Olga and at the latest when we reached the school (not even as terribly wet as expected), everything was fine again. It just brought home to me how much I'm going to appreciate certain things at home as soon as I'm back and how much I miss you all, even if I don't feel this all the time (fortunately!)...

I can't believe it, the first weekend here has already begun! As every Friday, we don't have afternoon classes (thank God! :)), so now we're making plans for the next two and a half days. None of us is particularly keen on staying at home with their host family, so we try to be out as much as possible, starting now: as you can see, I'm still in the language lab now, afterwards we're going to the public library to borrow some books (great thing: as a language student you have free access to all of the books!), you know, Reading Practice... For tonight, we have a real great "programme": We've found a Thai-Restaurant on the internet that sounds very, very good, so we're out for nice dinner and afterwards we want to check out some of the pubs.
For tomorrow, we still have to plan the details (doesn't that sound good?;)), but we are definitely going to the city centre, do some shopping, get to know the city etc and in the evening we're going to a club. On Sunday, we don't have much choice, there's just one Shopping centre that's open on Sunday, so we almost have to go there - there's also a cinema there; I'll tell you all about it on Monday! ;)

I hope everything is fine at home and you're all doing well... Enjoy your weekend! :)

P.S.: I'd be glad about any book recommendation, I know I should read more but I don't know what...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

Hey sabinchen!
i know you won't read this before monday...doesn't matter that much.
just wanted to wish you a nice and exciting weekend! enjoy it and tell me any single thing on monday
=)
ou yes - because of the fact that i'm no more used to speak/write english at all, i decided today to get the next advanced certificate. (isa, where is your vocabulary knowledge???)
okay, i'm out of here ---> get some sleep (althoug it's only about 8 o'clock...)
say hello to olga
miss you so damned much

PS: read illuminati or the da vinci code. it's pretty good!!! or try some shakespeare - i love him!

19:51  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Hallo Binchen
Good to hear you are having a good, even though cold and wet time! But: time is going on and the weather will become better sooner or later!
Have a wonderful weekend,not too much beer in the pubs ( you will probably soon become an expert in Darts...?) ,
Love MB

20:33  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Hey mini sabin! bin grad am juanes lose..erinnerige as konzert chömed uf! =) und ich vermiss di!
nomal es grüessli vo dä isa (und vo dä andi au, sie isch je gester mit mir im usgang xi. isch nöd soo wahnsinnig abgange...aber egal! vom david (dä vom letschtä sa) hani no nüt ghört. au egal! dä andrea hani churz xeh..ui isch dä geil! =) küssli

13:25  
Blogger Sabin said...

Comment to all the comments: Thanks very much I always enjoy reading your responses! :)
Isa, I have "The DaVinci Code" with me, will start reading as soon as I've finished the other book...
Juanes is also top on my iPod and of course I miss you too!!!! Terribly!!! :(

09:44  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home