Oktober 06, 2006

Lovebugs

After weeks of problems with the internet, I'm finally back and able to post something- though no pictures! :( Somehow it's not working... well, promised, you'll get to see pictures of our USA-trip as soon as possible!
But let me tell you something else instead: one week ago, Corinna (I'm not going to call her Fiona anymore, we're back in Switzerland... ;)) and I went to a concert by the Swiss band Lovebugs. It was in a club in Zürich, the Kaufleuten (Olga, does this remind you of something?;)), and therefore in a more personal atmosphere. I had never seen them live and I must say, it was great! Although I didn't know all the songs they played (which I normally can't stand when I go to a concert...), I enjoyed every second of it - a confirmation that Switzerland has artists that can easily compete with international superstars! :)
Before the band came on stage, a guy announced them as "the band who has already played in front of many thousands of people (at the Rolling Stones concert a few months ago) but now plays just for you - Zürich, put your hands up for Basel!!"... and for once in my life, I did just that... :)
It was interesting to see that there were all kinds of different people at this concert, screaming teenage girls, groups of people of about our age, couples, entire families - apparently, this band appeals not only to a stereotypical kind of person, which in my opinion is a real good thing!

I am realising once again how hard it is to describe what a concert was like - no one who was not there will ever really understand what I'm talking about and the goosebumps I got when they played "Avalon" will only make sense to one person... so that's it for today! I'll try again soon with the pix! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

Hey... You're absolutely right, the concert was just great! I enjoyed sooo much spending the whole evening with you, ending up sitting in Starbucks with a cup of coffee ;-)... I wish you a nice weekend and see you soon! Miss you! Kiss Corinna

22:59  
Anonymous Anonym said...

hi guys!
sounds great! i've been looking forward to seeing them to, in winterthur next week! now i know for sure that it's gonna be awesome!! =)
have a nice day! corinna: froi mi dich au bald wider zxeh!!
hugs & kisses
isa

11:41  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home