Dezember 27, 2006

Survived Christmas!!! :)

Welcome back to this blog – yes, I’m still alive... it’s just that the title a gave to my last post seemed to predict what life had in store for me for the last weeks of this year: a bit too much! Especially the last two weeks were simply crazy! As my grandmother, grandfather and myself were born just a few days before Christmas, December is always sheer madness in our family and we hardly have time to relax between the various parties, dinners and Christmas get-togethers… Unfortunately, university was quite stressful as well, which was the reason for several (almost) sleepless nights- but it was worth it all! We’ve handed in our first papers at university, have even received some feedback and are pretty proud of ourselves, all our hard work seems not to have been in vain! J But hey, now it’s all over for a moment, and except for some extra weight from all the dinners we have survived the Christmas stress unharmed… ;)

Well, and now I’m a “twen”… still feels strange to think about it… but I had a nice little party the Saturday before my birthday, most of my friends came over to our house and celebrated with me, it was a lot of fun, very relaxed but great. I enjoyed having all these people around me and more than ever, I felt that I have a group of people I can really rely on no matter what happens and I am so thankful for having them in my life!

Hmm… 2006 is almost over- what can I say? It was an amazing year, so rich in experiences, so tough, so great, so successful, but also emotional, difficult, challenging, at times a little overwhelming – those who were involved know how I felt and to everyone else, all I can say is that my life was a roller coaster ride in the past 12 months!

Every newspaper is publishing Top 5 lists for everything at the moment, so I thought why not join this trend and also add some of my lists… the next posts will be some kind of summary of what happened in this year – without many comments, most key words will only be fun for “insiders”…. so here we go, this was my 2006!