September 20, 2009

Post 1 from Valencia!

Wow here it goes, my first post from Valencia!
I arrived here yesterday around 3 pm, after a good flight with an amazing landing: we came in over the harbour of Valencia and the plane was already so low that I could actually see the university and the house I’m living in!!! Contrary to what I had heard in advance, the weather was beautful and very warm (28 degrees!!!), which made walking to my flat from the metro station (with all the luggage) quite hard – seeing that I was wearing a long sleeved shirt and jeans! But as soon as I had reached the flat, I felt so much better, because one of my flatmates, Luci (that’s the one I had already been in touch with before and whose nice e-mails convinced me that this would be a good flat to live in ;)) was already there and she gave me a very warm welcome and we started chatting straight away. I guess we’ll get along very well, seeing that she is the same age as me, has similar interests and I liked her from the very first moment on. The flat is great, too –as I already wrote, it’s located perfectly: at a 15 minutes walking distance from my department building and in the middle of the students’ area with all the bars, clubs and shops around it!
After I had unpacked at least some of my stuff, I went to one of the nearby supermarkets with my flatmate and we bought something to eat for the evening. We had dinner at home, kept talking about all kinds of stuff and then I already had my first night out, although it was very short: I had „met“ an English guy via Facebook, who is going to study with me here, and we had exchanged lots of e-mails about our future studies and decided to meet as soon as we’re both here. So yesterday night I met him in front of our department and we went to a little bar to have a Sangria together. We started speaking Spanish but he didn’t feel very comfortable and said less and less - so before I would have led the conversation all by myself we changed to English, which was useful for me, too! He seems to be a really nice guy, we got along very well, and I’m really glad that I already know someone before university starts tomorrow!
Well, and today, I just did nothing! :) I got up around 11, after having finally slept well again (the last few weeks have been so nerveracking that I hardly slept at all…) and when I saw that Luci had not even gotten up, I went back to my room and finished unpacking. Then she woke up, too, and we had breakfast together. She told me that she was in the mood for just staying at home, watching TV, doing stuff for university – and seeing that the weather wasn’t great anyway and I don’t yet know anyone to hang out with, I decided to do just the same and stayed at home, too. Which is why I spent pretty much the whole afternoon in my room, reading, looking up last information about my classes on the internet, talking to people on Skype – and it was good! :)
So tomorrow, my Erasmus life really starts. I will keep you updated about my first impressions of all my fellow students, the university, maybe the first erasmus party tomorrow night…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

Der Kommentar wurde von einem Blog-Administrator entfernt.

00:20  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home