Mai 25, 2006

catching up...

Can somebody please stop the time? It's terrible, I feel as if every day were just passing faster than the one before and before we realise it, this whole adventure here will be over! This thought is really scary and although of course I'm looking forward to coming home, there are so many things that I'm going to miss about being here, especially my new friends - but let's stop thinking about it... :)
The fact that I haven't posted anything for quite a long time is not a bad sign, I'm still enjoying it all a lot - it's just that somehow there is so much to do all the time, I always forget half of the things I want to do... sorry about that! Same thing for e-mails...

But what might interest you is what we've been up to since the last time I wrote something here, right? Well... Last saturday evening was good fun although we were not very lucky with the restaurant: We had a reservation but still they didn't have a free table when we arrived - if it hadn't been Saturday and the chances very small to get a table somewhere else, we'd have left! The food and service were alright, but not that we would race back to that restaurant again... No surprise therefore that we first went to "our" Cafe Nero for dessert then before walking to the Grafton Centre to the cinema. As you know, we went to see the DaVinci Code at 10pm. It was so strange to sit in the cinema until 1 in the morning, but in a way I liked it a lot - I hope we'll do that again before we leave, after all this is the only way to stay out later than 11pm! ;) The movie is quite good, although I must say, it's as always with novel adaptions:there are so many details in the book that are left out in the movie and I personally don't think Tom Hanks is the perfect cast for Robert Langdon (whereas Audrey Tautou is simply perfect!!! She's exactly how I had imagined Sophie Neveu!)... After the movie, we managed to get lost on our way home because we don't really know this part of Cambridge - of course none of us had a map and it was quite fun to find back to familiar territory! By the time we managed to do that, it was already rather late and when I finally got home, it was about 3 am. But it was worth it! :)

So far, this week has not been that exciting, we've had another few tests at school, I'm pretty confident about the exam now, I guess we'll all be fine... Apart from that, nothing new around here actually!

I'll have to wish you all a nice weekend now, I'm off to London from tomorrow until Monday, my father is coming over! I know it's weird, the English don't have a day off on Ascension (so today), but next Monday is a bank holiday... I don't mind, as long as I can spend one more day exploring the capital city! There will certainly a lot to write about after the weekend, I'll keep you updated!
enjoy the weekend and see you all very soon!:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

¡Hola Sabin! Estoy en 'Gegenbesuch' en tu blog :) no estas sacando fotos alli? porqué no los pones en el blog?
si alguien te dice el secreto como parar el tiempo - que me lo digas, me interesaria tambien!

besitos de salamanca!

simon4

20:45  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home