Mai 18, 2006

Week 9!

Hi ya... ;)
Incredible, time is really flying - If I could turn...turn back the hands of time... *sing* it's so strange, now that we've really come to like it here and would love to spend some more time in Cambridge, it's already going towards the end, the exams are drawing nearer and teachers are already planning our "farewell"-activities... shocking! :)

Wow, last post was last week - Friday afternoon was so great, certainly one of the highlights of my stay here so far! We just sat (or rather lay) in the park all day long, had lunch there and afterwards just talked, laughed, almost slept - it was great! Of course I was Rudolph again but now that the rain is back in England, I'm glad I got a little sun tan last week! Although I can't complain, right now the sun is shining, but who knows what it's going to be like in half an hour! :)
The weekend was very nice as well, nothing special during the day on Saturday but another perfect evening: The three of us went back to the Big Buddha (which was the first restaurant Olga and I went to almost 8 weeks ago!) where we had a delicious Thai dinner, before we went on to "our" Cafe Nero for "dessert" and then to a bar - all very relaxed and just nice! By the way, what's the english equivalent for "gmuetlich"?
Sunday morning I had to get up early to meet my conversation partner which again was a lot of fun (not the getting up early part though! ;)) - but I think I have to set that record straight: I do get along very well with him, but not THAT well! ;) Whatever some of you might be thinking, don't worry, I haven't fallen in love with an English guy! ;)
After that I met Olga and we were just in the mood for doing silly things so we went to the big shopping centre where we startet trying on clothes we'd never buy, even dresses - it was sooo much fun, too bad I didn't have my camera with me! :)

so now, Week 9 is already half over - school is as usual, we're getting slightly bored with it all because naturally it's always about the same, and I have the impression that we're kind of stuck: I think we've reached this point where we're familiar with all the exam strategies, we know all the essential grammar, now it's just hit or miss with the vocab in the exam!
Tuesday evening we went to this Pub Quiz with our teacher again and it was a lot of fun. The categories this time were much easier for us, including song lyrics, quotations from movies, anagrams and general knowledge (last time it was history, GB, numbers and sports...)!

One month from yesterday, I'll be back home!
Talk to you soon, I gotta go to class! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

sabin, han scho so lang nüt meh xeit =)
naja, ich froi mi eifach riesig, dasses nur no 3 weeks gaht!
bis bald im msn oder am phone!
küssli
isa

16:41  
Blogger Sabin said...

Hey! Freu mi natuerli immer, oepis z'ghoere! Vermiss di natuerli au mega - zu bloed, dass du noed chasch da si!
Aber ebe, d'Ziit fluegt wuerkli und es gaht mer scho fasch zu schnell...
Love ya!

16:06  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home