September 22, 2009

First impressions

Dear all
Wow, where to start with my further first impressions? Well, yesterday was my first day at university here in Valencia, and it was quite interesting. The first class in the morning was about South American colonial literature and the teacher was great, very lively and motivated, so I'm really looking forward to that class! Then I missed a class, because there was an Erasmus information session - which didn't tell us much more that we already knew, but well... ;) the class I had yesterday evening (it's so strange to sit at university until 8 or 9 pm...!) was a bit more boring, again South American literature, but this time from the 20th century.
Then at night I went to a bar a French girl I had met at university told me about, where there's an Erasmus meeting every Monday night. The French girl brought along about 8 other people, who all seemed very nice, and we all had a really good time. They then went on to a little club, and I went to take a look but left soon because I was simply too tired- I had hardly slept at all again the night before... Instead I "met" my boyfriend on skype and we talked until late at night, which was so good, seeing that I already miss him and all the people around me quite much!
And today just seems to be one of those days when everything goes wrong! When I woke up, my flatmate asked me if she could use my shower because hers wasn't working and together we found out that we didn't have any running water in the flat... after lots of waiting, we got a bit, but it was just cold - great start into the day! :P Then I left for university, extremely tired because I had got up again short after 7 to be at uni at 9 - just to find out when I got there that the classes for this morning have been cancelled - which meant that actually, my first class for today is this afternoon at 3! I went back home and slept for an hour! :P
Now I have just met my other flat mate who just arrived from her hometown - I can't yet say much about her seeing that she came with her boyfriend and they are putting all her stuff in her room at the moment..
Well, that's it for now! :) Hopefully talk to you all soon!