September 24, 2009

First rain - and mobile phone problems

Dear all
Sorry for not writing in a moment - or is it just my impression that I've been here for ages already? Everytime I talk to someone on skype or chat it seems that I haven't seen the people around me in weeks or months even, but I've only been here for 6 days... crazy!
Well... that bad luck day on Tuesday continued - I went to university in vain again, the other class didn't take place either! Then one of the toilets in our flat started leaking, and so far no one has come to fix it, so we always have to close the water after using it... according to a Spanish friend, this is fairly normal, but for me, who is used to Swiss standards, it is quite weird! ;)
Yesterday was a good day all in all, but it was raining all day long and I was already wet before I arrived at university for the first lesson - I guess that when it rains here, it just does much more than in other places! Anyway, the rain was then the main reason why I have still not been to any of the Erasmus parties - none of the people I know so far wanted to go out yesterday evening because of the rain!! Well, my boyfriend is definitely the one who benefits from it, seeing that I could be online in skype and videochat with him all night long! ;)
This morning I had another two lectures on literature and now that I've seen almost all the different options, I need to start deciding which ones I really want to attend... it's a hard decision!!!
Some of you have asked for my spanish mobile phone number... the thing is that I have a problem with my phone (or the SIM card, or the contract, or the company, or WHATEVER) and it's no use giving you the number if you can't contact me... What is happening is that everything works (calls within Spain, receiving calls from Switzerland, sending and receiving messages within Spain, sending texts to Switzerland) except for text messages from outside Spain - they just never arrive...! I tried everything, went to two different Vodafone shops, called the hotline, asked my flatmate to call the hotline, they did several little things to "help" but so far nothing has changed! This morning I did receive a message from a friend from England, which he had sent Saturday night, but all the other messages I should have received in the meantime are still lost... I'll keep you all updated about this, I'm going back to the store again tonight!
Well, there's not much more to tell at the moment - the weather is fine again, I'll have lunch with a friend from uni now (there's a greek restaurant just round the corner and we'll try that) and I am going for dinner with another student I met on facebook tonight ;)
Feel free to comment on all this, it's always good to hear from you all! ;)