Juni 14, 2006

...4...

Tuesday: Hoooooppp Schwiiiiz! :)

We decided to be good students and go to school to do revision in the morning. Of course we ended up sitting in the computer room, but we also did some serious stuff - if that's still of any use, I'm not sure... We stayed at school until around lunchtime and then went to the city centre for lunch. During lunch, Olga and I worked on our list of Cambridge-songs which we started last week - we're trying to put all the songs that remind us of our stay here on a CD (or rather 2 or 3 CDs...) to keep all the memories... but as you can imagine, we always get quite sentimental when we talk about this and yesterday again, we were somewhere between laughing and crying... one of us would start singing a song and the other would burst out laughing and then we'd get all serious and sad like "oh god, I know I'm going to cry the first time I put this CD on..." and that's it then...

The afternoon was - of course! - reserved for the Swiss match. We went to the Green Dragon (the pub where we had the Quiz with our teacher and which is famous for its good food) to watch it - realised too late that there were no other Swiss people and that we were the only ones actually watching TV in there. Adding the rather tedious nature of the match, you might guess that it wasn't as exciting as we'd expected.. apparently all the other Swiss people from school had arranged something to watch the match together but as always, I seem to have missed that or at least no one has bothered to tell me... anyway, I was a little bit upset! The match itself was... well, what shall I say - I guess you've all seen it as well, right? I'm glad we got at least one point there, but the impression that I got was that these two teams are just fed up with playing against each other... And can anyone tell me why our team played in WHITE shirts??? Olga and I turned up at the pub, both wearing red shirts and felt quite stupid, when these white guys walked onto the pitch! ;)
After finishing our dinner at the pub, we went on to the Filling Station once again because actually I wanted to meet my conversation partner there one last time - but (as yesterday seems to have been the day where nothing went according to plan) he didn't make it... instead, Olga and I watched the Brazil match there and at least got some (rather) good football in a nice atmosphere -there were a lot of Brazilian people and consequently, the mood was great!