Oktober 16, 2009

Being ill S****S...

Dear all,
Another post with good and bad news… Good news is that I simply have the best flatmates on earth – and the bad news is the reason why I found that out: I’ve cought some kind of virus which is making it impossible for me to eat or go out of a minimum radius between my bed and the bathroom (trying to express this politely...) … I had a more or less sleepless night from Wednesday to Thursday, woke up with fever yesterday morning and haven’t left the flat in the meantime! But my two flatmates have been the best nurses I could ever wish for (apart from my mum and my boyfriend of course, who can’t do much more than talk to me via skype and try to at least improve my mood ;)) : they went to the shops to buy me bananas, coca cola and salty stuff for my stomach and have checked on me regularly to see if I needed something, it’s so cute! And yesterday night, I could hardly believe how nice (apparently many) Spanish people are: I was already half asleep when Luci (my flatmate) knocked on my door with the phone in her hand and told me that her mother (!!!) wanted to talk to me! And indeed, although I’ve never seen or met this woman, she started asking me how I felt, what the problem was, and gave me advice how to get well soon, always assuring me that her daughter will take care of me and if I had to go to the doctor, she’d come with me… can you believe this? I keep being amazed at this country and its inhabitants… ;)