Oktober 14, 2009

Week 4, an eventful weekend and general impressions

Dear all,

Week 4 has already begun and Valencia is treating me well… I still get along very well with my flatmates, the people at university seem nice, too, and I’ve already found a circle of friends with whom I feel very comfortable- although I know that they will, can and should never replace the amazing friends I have at home- and whom I miss a lot!!!

The weather here is still wonderful, we had up to 35 degrees last week and it is still sunny and very warm now – although one can feel that autumn is come slowly but surely – the air is getting fresher, but the sun is still extremely strong… I can’t imagine feeling cold and winterlike – which is how the people in Switzerland are feeling right now! :)

Last weekend was a „puente“, a bank holiday, here in Spain, so we didn’t have any classes on Friday and Monday. I hadn’t known that in advance, so it was a coincidence that precisely this weekend, my boyfriend and my mom and her boyfriend came to Valencia to visit me. Richi arrived Thursday night and it was so great to finally see him again, the three weeks apart had felt like an eternity… I showed him everything I could of my life here in Valencia, the university, my flat of course, the beach, the old city centre; he met Bradley for dinner and a night out – and from Saturday on, my mum and Jürg were here, too – so we visited all the nicest and most „touristic“ spots together: the port of Valencia, the cathedral, the nicest Plazas with the best restaurants for tapas – it was great fun! Richi left Sunday night and it felt as if the 3 days had only been 15 minutes…
My mom and Jurg left this morning, so now I need to go back to my books and focus on studying a bit more – I haven’t done anything for school and if I don’t want this to end in a desaster, I need to start working a bit more seriously… ;)

By the way, you can still comment on all of this and ask questions – I don’t want to bore you all to death with what I’m writing and I don’t know which aspects of my stay abroad interest you most… so let me know!!! ;)