Oktober 24, 2009

Week 5 recap and blog reflections

Dear all
Week 5 is already over, my first month is over, which means that about one tenth of my stay is already part of the past - am curious to find out what the future 9 months will bring (haha, am beginning to understand how long a pregnancy must feel... ;))!
Well, this week has been quite good so far, I feel better again, although my body is still giving me clear signs that I should not exaggerate going out or not sleeping much... I went to all my classes this week, am really getting into it, language wise it's never been a problem really and the content of the classes is very interesting but ok to follow (the level at my home university must be extremely high, judging from other Erasmus students' reaction to the things treated in class here - to me, it seems normal, or sometimes even easy, and they all complain that they don't understand a thing and that it's way too fast and complicated...). I've also started to read a bit more seriously, I need to catch up a bit, was a bit too lazy in the first few weeks!
On Thursday, we went to a concert of the spanish band Macaco, which was organized by our university within the frame of the "Setmana de bienvinguda" (= welcome week, in catalan :)), so we only paid 4 Euros and could enjoy a live open air concert in the bullfight arena of Valencia! The building is already quite impressive, the sound was great, the mood even better, the weather just perfect, it was great fun! And the support act was interesting, too: have you ever heard ska-punk meets buena vista social club, all sung in valenciano, the local dialect of catalan??? it really was an experience :)
Yesterday night, I met a friend for a drink, came home quite early - but went to bed after 2, because my boyfriend was online on skype... I guess that's a record :)
There's not much more to tell for the moment, my life here is quite boring actually :)

But there's another thing I'd like to pick up: I feel that this blog is not understood the way it should be... My intention was and still is to inform you all about what I'm up to, but to avoid sending mass e-mails in regular intervals. The reason I'm doing this is that I don't want to bother anyone with my updates, if they're not interested - which means that, if you want to know what's happening in my life, you can check the blog, if not, you leave it. All of this does not mean that I don't want to communicate with each of you individually, but there might be other stories to tell in personal messages and I just don't want to tell the same events a hundred times... I hope that there are no misunderstandings and of course I'm looking forward to any comments or other signs of life from you all!