Juni 16, 2006

...1...

so here we are now, the last day in Cambridge... buhuuuuuu...
As Olga once quoted a song (embarassingly by the Spice Girls), *part of me laughs, part of me cries* - this is exactly how I feel right now! On the one hand, of course I'm veeeery much looking forward to coming home (do you realise that I just wrote "coming home" and not "going home"?), but on the other, it makes my stomach turn to leave everything here behind and say goodbye to Olga and Pascal!
At the moment, Olga and I are sitting in the computer room at school one last time - the reason we had to come back to school is that a dictionary I ordered about 5 weeks ago has finally arrived... it's just so ironic that it is an exam preparation dictionary which weighs about 3kg that I would have needed before the exam - so now I have to carry this bloody thing home without ever having looked at it! As if I didn't already have enough luggage... I'll let you know how much I had to pay for excess luggage, I already know that I'll spend a fortune at the airport tomorrow...!!!
Afterwards, we are finally going punting (yes, we managed to be in Cambridge for 13 weeks without going punting...) and then bring the bikes back. That's going to be strange as well! Saying goodbye to our bikes, not wearing helmets anymore - and having to walk all the way back to the city centre to have a coffee in Caffe Nero!
I'm already dreading the moment that follows that: saying goodbye to Olga and Pascal! No, I don't want to!!!!! :( And I'm quite annoyed that I'll have to sit at home alone on my last evening here as the two of them are spending the evening with their hostfamilies while mine won't even be at home! At least I can meet Lissette, the mexican from our class, to see the Mexico match tonight in a pub! And then it's packing, packing, packing! I haven't faced this challenge yet, but I'm quite worried about not being able to close my suitcase! ;)

so, basically, that's it! This was my time in Cambridge - thanks to everyone who's been reading all that rubbish! I'll continue writing when I come home, at least in the beginning to post pictures and to look back on what I've experienced...
Now that I'm writing this, I have another 22 1/2 hours in Cambridge and it's 30 hours until I'm back in Switerland! Schwiiiiz, ich chume! :)
Mues das jetz eifach schnell uf Schwizerduetsch schribe - liebi Luet, ich freu mi sooo druff, eui wider z'gseh, di einte scho morn am Flughafe, alli andere hoffentli mega bald im schoene Zueri! Han eui vermisst...!