November 16, 2009

Already beginning of week 9 - Part I

Dear all
Sorry for not keeping in touch for such a long time... somehow, time is going by faster and faster, without me doing anything! :P I really need to start making a studying schedule, otherwise I'll keep wasting time on facebook or playing computer games or reading stupid women's magazines instead of spanish literature classics... ;)
The past week was quite nice all in all. That night when we met at 10 to go for dinner, we finally started eating at 11.30, and I got home after 4 - just to find my boyfriend still online on skype ;) this is becoming some very strange kind of custom: meeting in the middle of the night and talking in whispers over skype as not to wake up my flatmates... it's kinda fun - like when you read with a torch under your bed cover as a kid ;)
Last sunday we went to see an art exhibition in the city centre. It was a collection called "Visions of Spain" by the Valencian painter Sorolla, who is a real genius! I hadn't known his work before, but I was really impressed - and I've even hung a poster of one of his paintings (which they gave us for free at the entrance ;)) in my room, because it fascinates me so much! :)
Then on Monday, two friends showed me something that takes place every Monday and is really cool for students: there's a small restaurant that sells cheap drinks (Sangria and similar stuff for only 2 euros a glass) with a free plate of Paella! Of course lots of people know about it, so you have to go there really early and shouldn't bother queueing for a looong time to get your plate, but it was worth it :) might go there again! Good food and good for the wallet :P (I'm not implying that Spain is expensive in general - it totally isn't!!)
During the whole week I had another two problems to deal with: my mobile phone - or rather Vodafone again - started charging me twice the normal price for messages and I wondered why I was running out of money, so I went to the store AGAIN, and they've opened another case for me and told me that it would be solved - of course, until today, nothing has changed and I keep losing a whole lot of money that way... it's just SO annoying!!! But well, we'll see when I have time to go there again... And the other problem was even more interesting: my window shutters somehow broke down - one morning, when I wanted to open them again they just stayed down.... apparently, the straps were torn :P So I told my flatmate, because I had no idea whatsoever how to react or whom to call or whatever. She told me that this is a serious problem, seeing that the owner of the house lives in Madrid and usually, he only comes to Valencia every 3 months or so. And unless he comes to the flat with a technician, nothing will happen. If we call someone ourselves, we will have to pay the bill ourselves as well... great, isn't it?? So we sent the owner an e-mail, saying what happened and asking how we should proceed. That was Monday afternoon, and my flatmate told me that I should not expect any answer soon...
And now, this is the ultimate cliffhanger, seeing that I need to stop writing now and go to class (my favourite time for lectures: 6 to 8 pm... :P)! I'll continue afterwards! :)